Thursday, January 18, 2018

I Am Perfect and My Pathway is Perfect Because HE is Perfect

In the past I have spent significant time on each of my theological blog posts.  As I have shared, for the past two years, God has added responsibilities (death of my son-in-law and more involvement with my daughter and their two children; late-life-baby for my other daughter for whom I have become "nanny" every other week) to my "perfect path" that are HIS priorities over and above my having as much time to add to my blog.  So I am going to experiment with doing shorter blog entries, likely based on a scripture He has brought, if and as He ordains.

__________________________________________

This first attempt is based on a scripture He gave this morning: Psalm 18:31-32 "For who is God besides the I AM Always AM?  And who is the Rock except our God?  It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

The second has a similar core concept: Matthew 5:48 "You are perfect since your Father in heaven is perfect."

And a supporting scripture: Isaiah 64:8 But O I AM Always AM, You are our Father; we are the clay and you the Former (Potter) and the work of Your Hand are we ALL."

So, from a human/material perspective our "paths" do not "appear" perfect.  And from a human perspective we do not "appear" perfect.  But if God is there, having ordained His creation of each of us and path for each of us, for HIS purposes, our paths are perfect at every point AND we, as HIS "pots" are perfect at every point in His formation of us to His ultimate end of each of us uniquely reflecting His image. 

Our judgments of what is even "good" are almost always based on our human evaluation of what we and our "path" looks like.  Which is understandable since, for this time period HE has limited our vision and understanding.  1 Corinthians 13:12 "For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; but then shall I know, even as also I am known."

But He asks us to see everything as given by HIM for His ultimate purposes in eternity and in ALL of us.  AND He asks us to see each and every human being as having been given a perfect path for His purposes and being perfect for His purposes.

Isaiah 46:10 "My purpose will be established and I will accomplish ALL my good pleasure."

Still Rejoicing for ALL,
June

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. *ALL* spam will be promptly deleted so please do not waste your time or mine.